ECM

ECM

Monday, July 19, 2010

Mondos Beach

This was July 5th at Mondos, a small surf beach. The entire family was there, besides Eric, of course. He was gone at an externship, but from now on, his breaks are his own. Finally.

As I often do, I stole all these pictures from my sister who has a much better camera than I do and actually remembers to take pictures. Thanks, Jen.

















At the end of the day, the tide was coming up fast and one huge wave came up and over the sand barrier we had created to try to stop something like that... of course, Cruise and Laura Rose were playing right there in the little dugout and they got swept around pretty well. A little traumatic, I think. Luckily, Josh and Lindy were right there to grab the kiddos. Thanks for saving Cruise, Lindy, even though you jumped out to save yourself first. =) The important thing is that you jumped right back in to save Cruise. I didn't even move. =)

7 comments:

bepluvstrack said...

Awesome pics! That beach is our favorite for surfing and hanging out, especially when the tide is low! We made it there a couple times during the break too, and it looks as cloudy for you as it was for us! Lol.

The Blasingames said...

So cute Jo. I love Cruise's hair soo much. You have a beautiful family!!

The Blasingames said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stevie Spillers said...

awww...poor Cruise! He looked so happy! How fun though!

Lindy said...

HA HA HA! Thank you for allowing me to relive my moment of heroism. or loser-ism. :) Whichever. Ha ha! That was so funny. Natural instincts of running from the waves. :) It was such a blast to have you guys there. We miss you and Eric and that handsome Cruise! Keep posting. We love seeing what you're up to. I commit to getting my blog up and running soon. :) I promise.

Davianne said...

So fun! I love all those pictures.

Lindsay said...

HAHAH.. yeah... i like how us moms do awesome things like NOT save our children when they are in trouble. it's like if you know it's not life threatening, you figure.. they'll learn from it. HAH poor cruise and lucas. at least Lindy saved him.. after saving herself. HAH