ECM

ECM

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cruise Preston Baker






Perfect little Cruise entered the world November 13th, 2008, at 7:42 am. He weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and measured 18.5 inches long. In my last post I said that I hoped he came early enough that I wouldn't be able to get a 'one week until due' picture. Well, I wasn't even able to get a 'two weeks until due picture'--he came two and a half weeks early. Cruise is so beautiful and sweet; Eric and I feel so lucky to have him in our family.

Labor and delivery actually wasn't bad at all. Of course, I'm sure that was all thanks to the epidural. You were right, ladies. =) Eric was a stud the whole time, getting me whatever I needed and keeping me calm. When Cruise was delivered he made the cutest little whimpering noise. He never cried, he just whimpered. It was adorable.

So, in our simple understanding of genetics, Eric and I figured we had a pretty good chance of getting a redhead, although Eric was hoping that wouldn't happen for some reason. One of the first things the doctor said to me after the delivery was, "Well, he's got red hair like his dad!" I was so happy to hear that. His hair definitely has a gorgeous red in it, as well as quite a bit of blond. We'll see how it turns out. I for one hope the red stays.

You all can tell me who you think Cruise looks like. He seems to be a pretty even mix to me. My Aunt said it pretty well: the top half of his face looks like Eric's; the bottom half looks like mine... except he's much cuter.

In the last couple weeks my mom and Eric's mom have both stayed with us for a number of days and have helped me a ton. I really appreciated their help--all the grocery shopping and cooking and cleaning, etc. Thanks, Moms!
Eric and I are having so much fun with Cruise. It really is the best thing in the world.


20 comments:

Morgan said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! Jacob and I couldn't get over how much hair he had. Also, in the hospital pics you look to cute for just having had a baby.

Davianne said...

Awwwww!!! He is too cute!! I love it when babies have lots of hair! It's so soft and sweet! And you do totally look far to good for just having had a baby, lucky girl. I can't tell who he looks more like though I do think he has Eric's eyes. He is adorable! Congradulations to you guys!!

Davianne said...

I forgot to add that I LOVE the name Preston!! I've been wanting that name for a boy but Jerry doesn't like it.

Unknown said...

Wow! That last picture is adorable. You all look like you're doing so well. Sorry we couldn't swing it. You were absolutely right-- vacation is usually not vacation. We love you and miss you! This is me giving you a huge hug and holding Cruise! xxx, all the o's are for the baby! Congrats!

Annie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a precious little soul! He is beautiful!!!!! And you look great as well in all of your pre-delivery and post-delivery pictures. I'm so happy for you guys!!

Kristina said...

What a CUTIE! I love, love the red hair. You look great! (as always!)

Aria said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Cruise is adorable. That last picture of him looks like a 4-month-old! It must be the hair...my little baldie still looks like a newborn. And you look so great! You missed out on the last few weeks of the typical puffy stage in pregnancy. :) And you seriously don't look like you've had ANY sleep deprivation...you're just glowing! Give your little guy a big hug for me!

Laura Robins said...

You have some super cute pictures of your little guy!! I can't wait to come see him again. Maybe we will try to come visit this week- let me know what works best for you!

Joanna said...

You guys are all way too sweet. Thanks for the nice words! I can't wait for each of you to meet him.

Natalie said...

We're so excited to meet him. He's such a cute boy! It was great to talk to you the other day--I'm glad that things are going so well! Congratulations! He's beautiful (in a manly way of course!)

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Yeah! Congratulations! What a happy family! I was glad to hear that he was born on Ginger's birthday.... a day I won't be forgetting anytime soon! :)

You all look great! I love the picture where he is looking at you while you are smiling at the camera. He's totally checkin you out! And I love the one where he and Eric are showing there profiles. Great pics!

Love the name! I know a little guy named Crew... but I've never heard of Cruise for a first name. You can call him both. :)

Congrats! And thanks for the heads up on a good delivery.... though I'm not so sure about the whole "needle in my back" deal. That scares me!

Love, Brandi

Lance and Melissa said...

Watch out girls...I love his hair so much!

Osborne Chiropractic said...

What a sweet little man. He's going to be a heart breaker!!! I'm so glad Dallin and Cruise are close in age...hopefully they will be good friends. Congratulations!!!

Osborne Chiropractic said...

Sorry. My dad was logged in and I didn't know. This is Kari-Lynn, not some strange man :)

summerk said...

Eric and Joanna! My sis, Brandi, referred me to your blog... and new baby boy. So sweet and precious. Congratulations!!! You have the cutest little family; I love it!!!

Love, Summer

Emily said...

Ok! He is THE CUTEST! I love the pictures, what a sweet little baby:) Glad all went well and that you are enjoying these first few weeks. Call if you need anything!

Luikart Family said...

So happy for you both! Being parents is the best. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Sheena said...

Mama and Papa Baker- CONGRATULATIONS on your sweet baby boy. He is such a stud and I can already imagine what a sweet little spirit he is. By the way you look fabulous! And in the last picture of Cruise (love the name)he looks much older-love the scowl!

jennypatch said...

oh my gosh guys, cruise is fantastic! he is PERFECT! His face is magnificant and his hair, radiant! oh my gosh! that last picture is awesome! he is the most beautiful baby i have ever seen (ok besides my own...i mean come on....)! I can't WAIT to give cruise 50000 million kisses! Sorry, you're gunna be out of a baby for a few hours. auntie jenalyn loves little babies!

Laura said...

CONGRATS Joanna and Eric! He is so, so, so cute. I love the name and I LOVE the red hair. Glad to see you are all doing well.