ECM

ECM

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dental Friends

Graduation week was insanity--packing, family in town, fancy dinners, fancy brunches, fancy honors club inductions, graduation, and then moving the next day. I didn't have enough fancy clothes to wear to all the fancy events! So, I went shopping. Just kidding. =) Only a little shopping. It was fun to have such an exciting, glamorous, whirlwind weekend, but the hard part was that when it was all over our friends were gone... just like that. And despite all our final get-togethers and efforts to adequately get enough of each other before leaving each other forever (it feels like!), it just wasn't enough. After the graduation had ended and we walked out for refreshments I looked around at the mass of people and realized that seeing everyone for a final goodbye was never going to happen. We left feeling a little empty but were lucky enough to run into a few of our good friends. After seeing them and feeling the emotion that came along with that I decided maybe it was a good thing we didn't see everyone. We love you and miss you all! We hope all is well with you and will remember you forever. I will always stalk your blogs. =) Thanks for your friendship and camaraderie through the crazy times that were dental school. Especially to my "oral surgery-wives" friends, "night clinic dinner" friends, and neighbors: thanks for keeping me sane. I felt lucky everyday to be your friend! I couldn't say enough about how much I appreciate you! Miss you tons already.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

We miss you too!
I am least grateful I got to see you for one last time in the parking lot after graduation...

just a random thing... our really good friends have a shooting range where you are living. her name is jeanie robinson... they have a tv show, i believe as well... anyway... if ever drive by it, you can think of me ;)

The Standrings said...

Man I miss seeing those cute kids. Fun to see your graduation pictures. We miss you guys like crazy.

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

i feel the same way. i'm kind of glad i didn't see everyone too. i was already close to tears...i'll blame that on the pregnancy though:) miss you. hope you are enjoying texas!!!